Our mission is to bring about effective and evidenced-based change in health care for B.C.'s seniors and to improve their quality of life. We are achieving this goal through the following:
- Based within a health care setting, the Centre for Healthy Aging at Providence understands real-life issues in care delivery and uses a practical approach to resolve them.
- The Centre for Healthy Aging at Providence demonstrates leadership by identifying and addressing complex and long standing problems in the delivery of care to older British Columbians.
- The Centre for Healthy Aging at Providence undertakes excellent research to illuminate poorly understood areas of elder care. It publishes and presents this research widely.
- The Centre for Healthy Aging at Providence transfers knowledge to stakeholders and engages in evidence-based advocacy to improve care delivery.
- Through its leadership, research, and advocacy, the Centre for Healthy Aging at Providence influences positive change to achieve better health outcomes for seniors.